Friday, October 12, 2012

Why I'm Here

Someone asked me today why I have started this blog when I already have one I post on somewhat regularly. The truth is, I'm scared. I'm just getting back to writing creatively and I'm not sure I'm ready to put it out to an established readership that may or may not enjoy reading what I've written when they're used to reading mommy ramblings.

Perhaps the day will come when I feel comfortable sharing this side of my life with everyone, but for now, I need a place where I can still have this outlet, where I can begin to grow as a writer, as opposed to a blogger. It's been a passion of mine for over half my life, it's time to see where it leads.

Next month, I'm taking part in NaNoWriMo, where I will write a novel in one month. It will be a rough draft, but I'm doing the groundwork now to make sure that it's a rough draft I can do something with once I edit it.

Over the next few weeks, I plan on introducing myself to some of the characters through this blog. We need that get to know each other time before the chaos of November rolls around.

If you're participating as well, I'd love to catch up with you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not participating in NaNoWriMo, though it has intrigued me, I just know I'll fail miserably. It is a good idea to prepare yourself before you start, that way you can just write and write and write. Have fun, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've allowed the "I just know I'll fail" to stop me for the past five years (if I'm doing the math right) and this year, that's just not an option for me. I'm going to do this. I'm going to succeed. There's just no other option at this point.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete